I have been a follower of Sweet Juniper for quite sometime now. He's a fabulous writer and photographer. He and his family moved from San Fransisco to Detroit a few years ago. Jim just wrote an insightful piece on U.S. automakers- "Don't let them die." My father-in-law works at Chrysler’s Belvidere assembly plant.
****
This is a bit off track from the auto industry, but I heard of this band via Nothing But Bonfires {another blog that I enjoy reading}. I really like the song "Furr" by BLITZEN TRAPPER. I wanted this post to end on a lighter note. I've been listening to NPR a lot the last few months. Is it January yet- ha?! I know, I know, President-elect, Barack Obama will not solve all of our problems. This is not another political post. So, on the lighter side of things, listen here.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
U.S. automakers + music... what?
Labels:
Blogs I read,
family,
music
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I heard a piece on the radio about the automakers. It doesn't sound like the gov't is too receptive to their bail out plan. It's definately scarey with so many factories closing, businesses going under or downsizing. So many people are feeling the pinch of this crummy economy. I do hope that Obama will be able to lead us out of this mess we're in before it gets worse!
I read somewhere (or heard on the radio.. I can't keep my sources straight sometimes) that approximately 3 million workers are connected to the U.S. auto industry. That's a huge number! Someone mentioned on NPR that it seems like the government only wants to bail out white-collar workers- bankers & investors. Hmmm. I thought that Sweet Juniper post was especially insightful because he lives in Detroit.
Post a Comment