Monday, December 8, 2008

‘Tis the Season...

PART I
PART II:
Have you ever walked beside or driven by an intriguing building and always wondered what it looked like inside?? I will admit, the archinerd inside me has a pretty long list!! Well, I checked one off my list yesterday after attending the Renegade Craft Fair at the Pulaski Park Fieldhouse in Chicago. I have seen this building FOR YEARS along the expressway and always thought it was a church or a former church structure. I did a little *cough*NERD*cough* research today and read that it is a designated Chicago landmark. I attempted to take a few photos of the fieldhouse and nearby St. Stanislaus Kostka Parish but it was SO COLD. burrr... I'll have to explore the neighborhood another day.

****
The Renegade Craft Fair was very crowded and a bit overwhelming given that the art show extended into five rooms all around the fieldhouse. We were given maps! I've always wanted to attend and regularly seemed to have another commitment the weekend of Chicago's holiday fair. It is one of the most well-known DIY craft fairs around. I picked up several business cards and will highlight a few artists in the coming days. Maybe I'm a little too frugal (or economical!) but I thought the prices were a little high. Or perhaps I don't quite fit into the whole Wicker Park arts scene (sound familiar, Vana?)... haha! I purchased a few Christmas gifts but I won't share those just yet. :)
****
After the craft fair, Brad and I attended our church's annual holiday concert and dinner. It was a FUN weekend but a FULL weekend. ~Happy Holidays~

3 comments:

Racquel said...

Sounds like you guys had a nice, fun-filled weekend.

Alyssa said...

Sounds so nice! I've always wondered about that building, too! Thanks for the info;)

jdg said...

we went last year- LOVED that building.