Wednesday, April 22, 2009

That day where we talk about the Earth...

A year or two ago, Brad and I watched the BBC documentary series Plant Earth. We rented the movies, one-by-one, from the library. Apparently, we watched the British version that was narrated by David Attenborough (rather than Sigourney Weaver... for American audiences?). But I digress. I HIGHLY recommend these documentaries. In a word: amazing.
****
My kiddos and I walked to school this morning. It was a non-uniform day. He wore his homemade tie dyed t-shirt- previously food stained now rebirthed into art. She borrowed my green t-shirt with the birds. And I wore my 2007 Chicago Green Festival t-shirt. {what a nerdy group!} As we walked, we picked up the trash along our path. We noticed the buds forming on the trees. She observed the flowers starting to bloom. I thought about doing some nerdy post about green living but I'd rather reflect on my morning walk. There are 364 other days to talk about sustainability.
Happy Earth Day.

4 comments:

Racquel said...

B and I are watching Planet Earth (British version) right now. Our friend is lending us the whole set. I like to watch segment before I go to bed at night. It helps turn my brain off and it is quite "amazing."

My sister and I went on a walk today. Great day to be outside and get some fresh air.

Alyssa said...

I picked up trash, too! Great minds think alike;)

joslyn said...

How appropriate to wear your green festival shirt today! yes, lovely day for a walk. thanks for your call!

littlebyrd said...

I liked hearing about your morning :)
We watched the Planet Earth series when they showed them on PBS and loved every second.