Monday, April 20, 2009

au revoir

This past weekend, Brad and I drove down to central IL to visit our friends before their upcoming cross country adventure. Andrew was recently accepted into a medical residency program in sunny Arizona. The boys grew up together- neighbors across the street. Brad's brother and his wife were also in town, so we had a little gathering of sorts. We had a fun-filled/board-game-playing/goodbye-weekend but I got a little distracted and only took a few photos of their adorable kiddos. {Ella's curly hair is sooo beautiful.} We will definitely miss this crew. However, we'll have a good excuse to leave Chicago's cold embrace- come winter- and plan a trip out to Arizona!! In addition to visiting with our friends, we also had Sunday brunch with Brad's aunt. It was a rainy, half-hour drive along the Illinois River... and we chatted a little about Uncle Art.

"Be well, do good work, and keep in touch." ~Garrison Keillor

6 comments:

Alisa said...

Thanks for coming down to visit, we had a great time. Hopefully you'll get to catch up on your sleep this week! We'll miss you guys...start planning your trek to Tucson!

littlebyrd said...

You are right, a perfect excuse for a vacation :)
I love the word brunch - it always sounds so fancy and indulgent. Sounds like fun!!

Racquel said...

Yes, it was nice seeing them one more time before they move. Those kids are adorable. I'm just sorry I was feeling so...pregnant :/

littlebyrd said...

Hi Leanne:
So my junking is one part time job - selling on Etsy and hopefully doing a flea or two this summer. Then sewing - I make things for a few local boutiques plus trying to sell on Etsy (not too successfully!), I also work at a shop (Noun) one day a week plus whenever they need me to fill in, and then of course my Mommy job ;)
It's all good!

Leanne said...

I like the word "brunch" as well. Because after brunch... you get to take a nap- ha! Hmmm, well that's what we did on Easter Sunday at least! :)

You seemed to have found a nice balance between wife-mother-artist-employee...

Alyssa said...

I am sad your friends are leaving! I know how close you've all become...but, a trip is always a nice perk:)