Tuesday, June 16, 2009

All The Wild Horses

Soundtrack from the weekend.
Take a listen.
****
~Brad did some fine art painting on a cool June evening.
~He went to a Cubs game. I went to a {rainy} art fair and bought this hand forged steel necklace.
~I found these pillow covers for 95 cents.


~We watched Lars And The Real Girl. Loved it.
~Sunday afternoon, we met with our 8 year-old client to chat about a tree fort design {family from church}. What a fun project, eh?!
****
~I bought some flowers to put in my new vase from a Door County architectural salvage/ antiques shop. I found a few treasures on our recent weekend getaway.

Does anyone happen to know much about Fire-King glassware??


I sort of collect the pastel peach and primary orange colors but they seem to be hard to find. I guess the hunt is part of the fun! My current collection is quite small, six pieces. None of our dishware matches- on purpose. I didn't register for any fancy china. Brad and I like to collect dinner plates, coffee mugs, etc. at flea markets, art fairs, pottery studios, Crate and Barrel Outlet + so forth. It must be functional, easy to clean and a few pieces must be able to be microwaveable. My mother, grandmother, aunts, etc. threw me a tea party when we moved into our apartment in the city. We use the tea cups + saucers all the time- little plates for tea cookies, little cups for cottage cheese, fresh fruit...
****
Did you have a nice weekend??

6 comments:

holt said...

This post made me feel motivated to attack the wreck my house has dissolved into since Alice stopped sleeping at night.

Your lovely apt. has inspired me to spend Alice's bathtime (while Tony watches her) cleaning dishes and planting flowers in the front yard!

Alyssa said...

Love it! The flowers look so good in that fab vase :) I collect the aqua green Fire-King dishware - same deal as you. I recently found a pie dish at this antique shop - kinda gives you a rush, no?

As for Ray L...we own that album. Totally dig it.

You guys were busy this weekend!!

georgia b. said...

i've never heard of fire-king, but it is really pretty. i can see why you collect it. i am going to go check out the link.

my weekend was lovely! sounds like you did, too. :)

Joslyn said...

nice finds! Love the necklace!
I take it you had fun at the art fair?!

littlebyrd said...

I don't know much about Fire King but have definitely seen it out and about. I am going to keep my eyes open for you as I am doing my junking. I always love to have something new to look for :) I watched that movie awhile back and loved it too. I wasn't sure at first but by the end I thought it was sooo sweet.

littlebyrd said...

Oh! And of course you may ask sewing questions! No promises that I can answer but I'd sure be willing to try ;)