And now you're here to stay.
Do you live in the Midwest? Have you traveled to the Midwest? We like to chat about the weather. A lot. This past winter was both snowy and brutally cold. Usually we complain about one or the other- ha! Winter lasted well into our normal spring and spring lasted into summer. Summers in the Midwest are hot and h-u-m-i-d. The sort of humidity were you often question- with some regularity- WHY do we live here again?? Relatively speaking, June has been on the cooler side {See, chatting about the weather... Greetings from Chicago}. We had severe thunderstorms last night and this morning. Ponds of water. Tornado warnings. Humidity crept into the apartment. The whole shebang. Summer. It's back.
**** I baked a strawberry-rhubarb pie last night to take to this girly-family gathering this evening. YUM. {Though this will be fun to carry on the train- ha! Good one, Leanne.} I used a gluten-free pie crust shell. The strawberries and the rhubarb came from our CSA sharebox. Making the pie last night was somewhat therapeutic because I had just spent 10 hours with my nanny kiddos (four of which we added in the neighbor boy) on a gloriously humid day. They live on the third floor. Luckily, the neighborhood pool is a block away. Chlorine. Summer. It's back.
Friday, June 19, 2009
I forgot about you, Summer.
Labels:
CSA,
tidbits,
wheat-free
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I showed Sam a picture of your pie and he asked if you would mail him some! :)
The pie looks delicious! I've never baked one myself and have always wanted to but don't want to take the time to make the crsut. How silly is that? Lucky for us there are a couple of local bakeries around here that make their own fine pies and sell them uncooked and frozen. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and that the humidity doesn't get you!
I love pie.
Sorry Sam... no leftovers. :)
I didn't make the pie crust but I whipped up the filling. It was wwaayy too humid to spend too much time baking in my kitchen. We really need to put in those a/c window units. Brad?? hint hint.
how did it taste??? I want to cut a slice right outta the computer screen!!
Our surrogate Grandpop next door LOVES Strawberry Rhubarb ANYTHING! Whenever I find jam, jelly, pie, dessert wine I snatch it up to brighten his day...it works like a charm :)
You pie looks scrumptious!
Post a Comment