My first cousin is getting married next month. My mother called me on my cell phone this morning to go over lodging {she had just spoken with her mother}. She called me about 30 minutes later and left a voicemail message asking me to call my grandmother. I was supposed to tell her what she wore to my wedding.. six years ago. I'm working from home this morning, mind you. I stopped what I was doing, found a photograph and called her. She was waiting to go shopping and was anticipating my phone call. Good grief. My grandfather picks up the phone and without saying a word, he immediately hands the phone to my grandmother. I said, "Why don't you just where the dress you wore to my wedding- it looked nice on you." She said, "Please describe the dress to me... I'm walking to my closet." Uh, "It was white with large blue flowers.. green leaves.. short sleeves.." How long were the sleeves again, she asks. Just blue flowers? She can't locate the dress. "I think I'll just go shopping.. I wished you lived closer {she's in South Carolina} so you could come with me."
All this before 9:45am CST. I think going shopping sounds a lot better than my plan for the day. Because I have a hunch we'd have crab cakes and iced tea for lunch. Oh, and maybe some key lime pie for dessert. Perhaps I should have just kept working and let this play out over voicemail. But now I can't stop thinking about key lime pie- yum! Back. To Work.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
3 generations
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
wow - busy morning!
Post a Comment