Thursday, August 20, 2009

Country Caravan

This song seems fitting for a road trip post. Brad + I drove down to Nashville, TN with our friends, Jenn and little Rin. They were in town visiting family.



WE... Had a picnic lunch break in Columbus, Indiana.
{First Christian Church ~designed by Eliel Saarinen}
LOVE this building. I even mentioned it in my very first blog post.



Explored parts of Downtown Nashville.



Played with little Rin. Ah, I miss that happy boy...



Brad and I went to a movie {loved it!} and walked around the Opryland Hotel.



Toured the Frist Center for the Visual Arts {beautiful building!} and made art. The Chuck Close exhibit was fascinating.


Checked out our friends' living arrangements.
{Joah + Candace's take on "American Gothic"}



And we spent a good deal of time catching up on each other's lives. We've known one another for about ten years now...
****
On the way home, Brad + I visited Fort Massac State Park. Several years ago, I worked at an architecture firm in downtown Chicago- as part of my degree requirements. I supported the project manager of the Fort Massac reconstruction project. However, I came in quite late to the project and never actually visited the site. The story of the fort is rather interesting but the park itself was a little bit of a let down. I had it pictured in my mind to be much grander... oh well.

3 comments:

littlebyrd said...

This looks wonderful Leanne! I love that atrium :) Welcome home!

Alyssa said...

so glad you guys had a great trip - looks like you did all sorts of things! Still need to get over there...fun photos :)

Jaimee McClellan said...

Ah, we have a similar picture of "Finn in a bin"...you have "Rin in a bin" ! ;)