Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Living in a fishbowl

'the Night I Met Mr. Fish' ~ print from this Etsy shop.
****
Brad and I are currently living in a fishbowl. Must. Sew. New. Curtains.

A few years ago, Brad's grandmother made us some delicate curtains made out of cheesecloth for our front sun room/art studio. {The boy is working in the space here}. They had a good run but now need to be replaced {ie, didn't make it through the wash last weekend}. Consequently, the space feels so open now. I didn't realize how much privacy the thin cheesecloth actually gave us. It is now a passerby art gallery- and we live 1 1/2 floors up. Strange I tell ya! :) Neither one of us enjoys working up there at the moment.

New curtains are making top priority on the to-do list as we both have several art projects in the works. To assist in these artistic endeavors, his grandmother gave us a sewing machine this summer as a his-and-her birthday gift. I'm hoping four new curtains will be a "fun" project and not a "chore." Hmmm. I haven't sewn curtains before but these are just going to be hung on simple tension rods. Wish me luck. I'll post pictures of the space when it's completed.

Brad told me about this Textile Discount Outlet in Pilsen. 3 floors! Oh my! I should be fully stocked with material to complete the various sewing projects I've bookmarked.

1 comment:

Racquel said...

I'll be working on the same type of project. New curtains for the kitchen. Well...if this baby doesn't come first :) Hope the project is fun and goes well.