“He that has a good harvest must be content with a few thistles.”
~Spanish Proverb
We had a friend over for dessert and board games last night. The setting was medieval Spain and my Grande was victorious. A couple times a month, we gather for a meal, games and divvy out the contents of our CSA share. It's a remarkable thing to eat seasonally. And since we're in the season of Thanksgiving, I'd like give thanks to our farmer. I made a simple apple/cinnamon/sugar bake as a topping over French vanilla ice cream. Our friend brought {gluten-free} brownies.
****
I am attempting to be content with a few thistles. I've applied to several positions as of late. Given the current economy, it seems like my resume is a spit in the bucket. I don't know if I can handle another response of "we've received many interested candidates ... thank you for your interest... you seem to be overqualified"... or some combination thereof. The entire process is hugely depressing, is it not? ugh. thistles... Though I am grateful for the kind hearts and playfulness of children. I went to the park with my nanny kiddos yesterday and the chilly autumn air was refreshing.
****
Brad + I have been invited to a quaint Irish pub gathering Saturday night. I love that scene in the movie, "Once", when they ride the motorcycle along the stunning Irish coastline. breathtaking.
Take care.
Friday, November 6, 2009
Harvest
Labels:
CSA,
friends,
movies/tv,
professional development,
wheat-free
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment