Sunday, November 29, 2009

I found this Etsy print via a search on "architecture" and "home." Apparently a search on "hedges" would have sufficed. :) It doesn't really capture late autumn in the Midwest {Thanksgiving!}, but her style reminds me of Edward Hopper a bit. I love the way he painted realistic urban and rural landscapes... a slice of Americana. Simple scenes. A year or two ago, I went to the Art Institute of Chicago's joint exhibition of the works of Edward Hopper and Winslow Homer. Beautiful pieces. My father is a watercolor painter and I encouraged him to see Homer's work in particular.
****
Did you have a nice Thanksgiving??? My in-laws hosted about 30+ people for dinner, my parents included. I ate wwaayy too much. A small group of us ventured outdoors for a hike, letterbox adventure and to burn off some calories. In one year's time, we've lost an Uncle & gained two adorable babies to the family. Happy and sad reflections. I learned a lot about Bainbridge Island as we have family that semi-recently relocated to the Seattle area. A road trip is in order! Board games were played- several in fact. All in all, it was a relaxing holiday and we've spent the last two days zoning out at home. Such is life.
****
Oh, I tried out this pumpkin bread recipe and just added wheat-free flour instead. I used real pumpkin purée because I had two CSA pumpkins staring at me in the kitchen. :) It made the bread making process a little longer, but it was really tasty.

2 comments:

littlebyrd said...

Your day sounds like it was quite nice :) Ours was too. I ate waaay too much as well but it was totally worth it!

Racquel said...

It was good to see you guys on Friday. Sorry our little man was having a rough day and we couldn't visit more.