Monday, November 30, 2009

nerd talk

**Brad's board game pitch went okay. He was told it was a little too violent ... stele stones toppling over sheep. { Sorry Brad, I realize your game is much more involved than my pitiful description! } He has been play testing the game for quite sometime and no one has mentioned it to be "too violent." Hmm. Maybe the publisher is too sensitive- ha! Anyways, he's going to pitch the game to different publishers. {fingers crossed}

**Over Thanksgiving weekend, we played the board game Agricola. Gaming category: economics + farming. :)

**My presentation went smoothly enough. I spoke about community development and sustainability to faith communities. A former United States Senator from IL was in the audience. She was just a simple convention delegate- as was I- no fancy political agenda. Though I am following up with her regarding any possible professional development contacts. Networking is key- regardless of the current economy! She runs a private law firm and recently launched a line of organic and fair trade food products. During the Q&A session, we chatted about sustainable farming. {fingers crossed}

No comments: