Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Groundhog Day Blizzard

Abandoned vehicles litter northbound Lake Shore Drive on Wednesday morning. (E. Jason Wambsgans, Chicago Tribune / February 2, 2011)

It's been an interesting week where all conversation has largely been about the BLIZZARD OF 2011. I've never seen so many adults giddy for a snow day. And what a wild storm it was- high winds, snow, thunder & lightning! Chicago got pounded and today we woke up to Arctic cold & a migraine (for me at least. grrr). The snow is soooo bright. Luckily, I have an understanding boss and I'm working from home again today.

B & I participated in the neighborhood block party yesterday aka digging out our vehicles. It was a group project - hooray for nice neighbors!

This car was behind our Jeep. No one ever came out to dig it out & today it is a big block of ice.

If you take the time to clear out a spot, you must be sure to mark "dibs." Typical in the city. And you must abide by the chair rule (or orange cone, inflatable sled, etc) or people will be REALLY annoyed. Rightly so, eh? We haven't left our space yet. B took the train to work.

In keeping with the winter theme, we're going to the Shedd Aquarium on Saturday for a Penguin Encounter (Christmas gift from my folks).

No comments: