Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Step at a Time

I received this birthday card from my friend Joslyn today. We were in the same 1st grade class wwwaaayyy back at North Elementary School. In faint pencil markings the front states, A Step at a Time. She wrote a sweet message inside that made me tear up but also laugh at my nerdiness. Here's part of it:

I picked this card for you because it shows the direction that this next year will bring you. And Jonathon's {her husband} friend took this photo and I know how much you enjoy supporting the arts."
I teared up a bit because professional development (ie, finding a job in your field of interest) can be depressingly slow at times. But then I had to laugh- I just purchased 3 Etsy gifts for myself yesterday with some birthday money.

I will be sure to highlight my new purchases sometime next week. I'm soooo excited!

I picked up this flower bouquet at the farmers market today. 3 bucks.

****

One of the signs of passing youth is the birth of a sense of fellowship with other human beings as we take our place among them.
- Virginia Woolf







Happy (early) birthday to me!

8 comments:

Vana said...

yes friend...happy Birthday (to you a little early)!!! Niko is already singing you the happy bday song...you know him, just needs a reason.
Take care and enjoy the day tomorrow. You will one day look back at all this and will laugh...

Anonymous said...

ha! glad you liked the card :) I thought it was a really pretty photograph. happy early birthday!

Mrs.French said...

Happy Birthday sweet gal!

Vana said...

Happy Birthday friend! May this year bring you happiness and fulfillment!

Leanne said...

Thank you for the birthday greetings. You are most kind.

Jaimee McClellan said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Old friends have a way with making you laugh and cry at the same time.

And great buy as far as the flowers go. I was just going to post about my $3 bouquet I got at our local Farmers Market - Maple Acres! It's cut your own which is tons of fun for my little guy! And the fields and fields of flowers are gorgeous. Of course, I forgot my camera on our last visit. Maybe we'll get back there this week.

Alyssa said...

Happy, happy, happy day!!! You are fabulous and as we know, each year brings about new adventures:)

littlebyrd said...

Happy Birthday!! I can't wait to see what gifts you bought for yourself on etsy!