Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Be Thou My Vision

I received word today that a dear family friend lost his battle to brain cancer this morning. Yesterday, I was having lunch with college buddies in Nashville. Today, I am thinking about an upcoming funeral. He died in peace.

****
Be Thou My Vision
an ancient Irish hymn
Timothy Botts, a noted calligrapher and illustrator.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a really meaningful hymn. I hope that all who know him also find peace with his passing.

Leanne said...

Thank you... and now I'm going to take a 20-minute cat nap. I have a headache. I'm going back/forth between joy, peace and sadness. Friends. Funeral.

Lindsey Lindstrom said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, leanne. I'll keep his family and you in my prayers. How blessed that he passed away in peace.

Alyssa said...

Leanne - so sorry to hear this. It is a blessing though that he died in his sleep. I know this is hard on you and your family...you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Go take a nap...

Jaimee McClellan said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy to say good-bye to a friend. My thoughts & prayers go out to you and your family.

Racquel said...

Leanne...I'm so sorry for your loss...I pray for the Lord's comfort upon you during this time...

Vana said...

Hope you got to rest a bit yesterday. May his soul rest in peace and may you find some comfort in the memories your families shared together.

littlebyrd said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Be well and take care friend.