Friday, May 22, 2009

person, place, thing


Brad and I heading out tomorrow morning {early!} for a little 2-day road trip of sorts. We're visiting Dr. Peterson and his family for what is most likely a *final* last hurrah here in the Midwest. Andrew was recently accepted into a medical residency program in sunny Arizona. We're eager to see them again before they finalize their new living arrangements. We're sure going to miss the Peterson's...



I just baked a strawberry-rhubarb pie to nosh on while we play board games... Mmmm. I had to use up the rhubarb that was in our CSA box.

On Sunday, we're going to a family baptism. I found a cute piece from
this shop. Sale bin find from the Chicago Green Festival! A cozy, albeit non-traditional, baptism gift.
****
This is completely unrelated to seeing our friends but I just got a package with some new! shoes! from Zappos.com. I haven't bought new shoes in awhile and I did a little hunting to find some I really liked. It's going to be hot enough this weekend to break in my sandals. Our upcoming vacation, with some college friends, also motivated me on the purchase- ha! I'm soooo excited to relax on the beach with my buddies. What a great start to the summer...

2 comments:

Vana said...

i'm eyeing those sandals. I might need a pair too..

Leanne said...

When it comes to sandals, I am mighty picky. I need arch support so that eliminates a lot of the cute summer sandals. bleh. This was my first time to order from Zappos.com... super fast shipping!