Friday, June 12, 2009

Bretodeau

I love, love, love this movie. {also blogged about here} Though it had been awhile since I watched the film. I had it on in the background as I worked on an organizing project. I am in the midst of rearranging and organizing... in preparation to find a home for a {newly acquired} sewing machine. Rumor has it that it's quite heavy. A family member found it for me at an estate sale. It has been awhile since I've dabbled in sewing but I'm hopeful those creative energies will come back to me. It's like riding a bike, right... right? ha! I've bookmarked several projects- from various blogs- so hopefully I shall have plenty to keep me busy in the coming weeks.

5 comments:

littlebyrd said...

Oh! I am so excited for you to be getting a machine! Very fun! I need to watch that movie again ~ it is so lovely.

georgia b. said...

i love that movie, too! probably in my top 10—maybe 20. :)

i just adore audrey tatou. can i be her?

{oh, that probably did not sound good after the subject of your last post.}
:)

Racquel said...

I am loving learning how to sew. I've always wanted to.

We were at G & G Sander's on Saturday and saw the machine. It is heavy and old school, but in really good shape. It looks like something you'll definitely like.

Leanne said...

Rebekah, I'm sure I will ask you a few sewing questions as I get back into the swing-of-things. You are mighty talented!

Amélie is easily in my favorite movies category...

I think I'm the type that would prefer the older machines for crafting. The new gadgets (including cameras!) have soooo many features. I want to sew. I don't want to read a giant manual. ha!

I think I'm going to put in my dining room. weird? It's a big space, actually. I can sit beside the window and have the dining rm table to spread out my materials, book pages, etc. I think I might take this table my mother-in-law offered to rest the machine on...

Alyssa said...

we are too similar. I am buying a sewing machine in the near future, too. AND, I just listened to this very soundtrack on Sunday :)