Are you familiar with Groupon? I recently bought one of their deals for a 1-year membership to the Art Institute of Chicago. {Happy early birthday gift to me!} The current admission price to the museum is $18/adult so my $40 Groupon deal basically pays for itself in one visit... sswweeett! Oh, and membership allows a buddy to tag along for free. If you're in the area, I highly recommend a visit to the Art Institute. The new Modern Wing is stunning. Several years ago, I did a year-long architectural internship as part of my degree requirements. I worked across the street from the museum. I bought a student membership and went several times a week. I'm so excited that the Modern Wing opened this year. I'm envisioning many outings and picnics to Millennium Park.
Monday, August 10, 2009
membership
Labels:
architecture,
Chicago
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ooooh! Lets plan an outing! I haven't been to the Art Institute since my freshman year of college. Do you know if people usually bring kids?? Seems like a weird place to tag along a 2 year old. Hmmmmm
What a great deal! I wish I was closer and could tag along to see it ;)
Rebekah: I would LOVE to visit the museum with you! Unfortunately, Oregon is a little far...
Lindsey: Has it really been that long since you've been to the Art Institute?? Let's go!! Hmmm. I know there are two kiddo areas at the museum. Though Livie might be a little young to "appreciate" the exhibits. Children under 14 are free- so we could give it a try...
Post a Comment