A few weekends ago, a college buddy came up to the city. Michelle's been to Chicago numerous times so we didn't feel inclined to entertain her with touristy sites- though I did come up with a few ideas. She wanted to check out this garden shop in the city so we ventured in that direction. Falafel for lunch turned into oatmeal milkshakes and Costa Rican Casado. Sprout had these adorable little succulent plants*. I am apparently rather clueless to the current interest in succulents; my friend filled me in. The shop was close to Salvage One- this GIANT loft space of salvaged materials, architectural wonders, furniture, etc. We roamed around the space just before getting kicked out for a wedding reception. As we made our way back to our neighborhood, we randomly drove up a street in Ukrainian Village where Michelle used to house sit. We parked and wandered over to a little bakery for coffee and snacks (though I took a pass since they didn't have any gluten-free treats). One of the things I love about this city is its neighborhoods. We spent the better part of a Saturday exploring a part of the city we don't often venture to.
*I found three little succulent plants at the local organic plant sale organized by the park district. Now I'm intrigued.
{Baby Toes Succulent Hanging Terrarium}
{Succulent Living Wreath}
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Visitors to your own city
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am jealous of your weekend in the city! Sounded wonderful - I have read about Salvage One...I must go!!! Also, I've been on the hunt for a great succulent wreath (I saw one on a door this past week and fell in love). haha
Post a Comment